Wisdom Business College offers a range of refrigeration and air conditioning training courses both theoretical and practical to meet the needs of air conditioning professionals, delivering industry recognised qualifications.
Refrigeration and air conditioning courses include: Basic refrigeration & air conditioning; Installation, commissioning & maintenance; Design principles; F Gas; Pipework & brazing; Essential & refrigeration electrics.
Those new to the industry with little or no previous knowledge of air conditioning & refrigeration (AC-R) systems.
- Air conditioning equipment and human comfort
- Basics of heat transfer relating to AC-R
- Temperature and humidity – measurement and perception
- Basic introduction to heat gains and losses in buildings
- Comfort and precision air conditioning systems, their uses and the various types
- Properties of air and water vapour
- Chilled water in air conditioning
- Introduction to the various types of ventilation systems
- AC-R fundamentals including the vapour compression cycle, how it works and the critical components
- Other key components
- Modern refrigerants
- Analysis of an AC-R circuit using gauges and thermometers
- Pressure enthalpy charts, how to plot the refrigeration cycle and what it means
- Introduction to psychrometrics and its use in determining the properties and condition of the air
This course aims to provide a solid introduction to the principles of air conditioning and refrigeration. The course will provide a basic understanding of the types of air conditioning systems, applications and operating principles including both refrigeration and chilled water systems as well as basic ventilation needs and equipment. A key element of this course is to provide a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the vapour compression refrigeration system, how it works, the key components and the characteristics of refrigerants. The tuition will also introduce the student to the pressure/enthalpy chart and psychrometrics.
Whilst an understanding of basic engineering principles would be an advantage, no previous knowledge of AC-R is required.
On completion students are awarded a certificate of achievement from WISDOM BUSINESS COLLEGE
Students will spend time in both the classroom and the workshops taking measurements on live systems to enhance understanding.