Registration Procedure for Fresh Students
It is a very important requirement of the College that all students (both fresh & continuing) register at the beginning of every semester. The registration procedure for fresh students, which is more elaborate involves the following.
What does FULL REGISTRATION involve?
- Payment of Fees
- Medical Examination
- Verification of entry qualifications and other documents
- Academic/Course Registration
- Acquisition of WBC ID Card
Payment of Fees
All students are to pay their academic facility user fees and miscellaneous charges or dues at the designated banks indicated on the fees schedule. Use your student’s identification number.
Every aspect of fresh student’s medical screening shall be done at a chosen Clinic by Management and shall include the following:
· Taking of vitals
· Eye testing
· Laboratory investigation
· Chest X-Ray
Medical screening is part of the registration exercise for fresh students and therefore students must note that unless the medical screening is completed and a report issued, duly stamped and endorsed by a Medical Officer of the College, fresh students cannot proceed with the next stage of registration.
Verification of Entry Qualification and other Documents
Present your medical report and have the originals of your entry qualification(s) (e.g. WASSCE certificate) and birth certificates cross-checked against the photocopies submitted. After successfully completing this process, you will be issued with a Documentation Clearance Form and a formal letter of admission to enable you proceed to the next level of registration.
Undertake course registration as follows:
- Present your admission letter and receipts for payment of fees to the Registration Assistant.
- Obtain and complete your bio-data and course registration forms.
- Have the completed course registration form cross-checked and endorsed by the Registration Assistants.
- Write your name in a notebook provided after the endorsement of your course registration form.
Acquisition of ID Card
• Move to the Data Centre and have your bio-data and course registration form entered into the on-line students’ information system.
• Collect your proof of registration slip from the Registration Assistant.
• Check from your proof of registration slip to ensure that the right course codes and courses have been registered before you leave the Data Centre.
• The Registration Assistant will indicate to you when you need to come back for your ID card.
The College does orientation for fresh students after the admissions process has been completed to inform them about what pertains in the college system. Some of the areas talked about include, the College library and its resources, Academic Affairs, security on campus, College rules and regulations, dress code, fire prevention on campus, etc.
Matriculation is an important event where a fresh student is officially initiated as a student of WBC. Fresh student must satisfy all the requirements and obligations set by the College before he/she is matriculated. These include: registration, medical screening, orientation, etc. Any student who fails to be matriculated without any valid reason will not be accepted as a student of WBC.